Friday, May 2, 2008

Is there anybody alive out there?


Welcome to my blog. Clip in and get on my wheel. While in my draft, you'll benefit from some knowledge and insights gained from seven years of training and competing in mountain bike racing. I'm detail-oriented and believe that in order to compete, you need a plan of attack -- but always be ready to alter it if necessary.




In other words, we'll plan in pencil, not ink.




In 2008, I'm beginning my part-time endurance training business, dedicated to helping other athletes. This blog is one means to that end. Being afiliated with TrainingBible Coaching gives me a vast resource pool from which to draw. With TrainingBible, you're not hiring one coach; you're hiring a team.




For the last couple of months, I've been enjoying the off-season after my disappointing '07-08 season ended in March. More on that in subsequent posts. You can't hold form all year, and after putting in 5,000 or so road and off-road training and racing miles, a break from steady riding is needed. I know my season is near when I begin getting itchy to ride regularly again. The itch will be scratched in a couple of weeks when I start my '08'-09 macrocycle (training year), leading up to the Florida State Championship Series. I won't detail every facet of my training, but I will use examples of what I do, when I do it and why I do it.




I hope you find these postings helpful while we train with a purpose.

No comments: